Monday, July 9, 2012

How to: Make-up Brush Cleaning



For my first post, I thought I would write about something I know: cleaning. Until I moved in with my boyfriend, I thought I had the highest standards of cleanliness. However, the boyfriend has given me a run for my money. One thing I am fairly certain he does not know how to clean is a make-up brush.

A good rule of thumb is to clean your make-up brush once every three months. An old trick my mom taught me is to use shampoo. Because I don't want to waste my Chi Magnified Volume Shampoo, I buy Pantene Pro-V for my make-up brushes.

1. Wet the brush and apply a line of shampoo. 


2. Using your finger and palm of your hand, rub the shampoo gently into the brush.


3. Rinse under the faucet. I like to use a good amount of water pressure so it cleans deep into the base of the brush. You’ll see all of the make-up build up that has collected over the previous months come out of the bristles. It’s a little disturbing sometimes.


4. Continue to apply shampoo and rinse until the brush no longer turns the water a different color.

5. Lay flat to dry and let sit over night.



No comments:

Post a Comment