Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pillow Perfection

When the boyfriend and I decided to move in together, I couldn’t decide if I was more excited to get out of my current living situation or actually move in with him. Turns out, I was more excited to decorate our loft than anything.

When the time came to actually purchase items, I could not make a decision. All of a sudden I hated everything on my pin boards.

Pillows were first on my list because the pillows that came with the couch were particularly heinous and I was going to poke my eyes out with a pencil if I had to look at them for much longer. However, I did love the size of said ugly pillows so I began searching for pillow covers. My criteria included: bright color(s), patterned, and machine washable.

I searched every decorating website and blog that I knew of, and all of the patterns I liked either did not come as pillow covers, or they exceeded my budget. Finally, I found this Etsy site and fell in love with the Arvin Nautical print. The owner of the shop was great to work with and she delivered a quality product that I’m obsessed with. The bright blue adds a pop of color to our otherwise monotone loft, and the pattern provides an elegant yet comfortable feel to our family room.

Next up: decorate our walls! Any idea what to do with 15 ft tall ceilings?

Pillow that came with the couch.

New pillow cover.

Cream accent pillows that came with the couch.

Backside of the pillow. The covers are removable for easy washing!

Full picture of the couch and new pillows.

Lock-up of all three pillows.



No comments:

Post a Comment