Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back to School

It’s that time of year when kids start to go back to school and I begin to wonder why I ever graduated college. Not only did I love my time at KU, I also loved buying new school supplies. My love for notebooks and pens and folders stems from the organization they bring to my life.

There’s also something to be said about the smell of a new, clean notebook and the way it looks when you write in it for the first time- you get to physically see the start of a new beginning. In contrast, I like the way a notebook looks and feels after every page has been used; it’s rewarding to flip through the pages and see everything you’ve accomplished.

To stop myself from getting seriously depressed about being a few years removed from college and the lack of need for school supply shopping, I found some pretty cool, useful school supplies that can be transitioned to the real-world.

The best planner ever: Time.Mine. You can purchase here, or at your local Barnes and Noble.

Bright notebook for meeting notes will add color to your day. Found at Anthropologie.

Cute notepad, from Urban Outfitters, to write quick notes.

Unique brush holder, from Anthropologie. This is way better than the coffee mug I use.

Simple, classic wall calendar, from Vetted. I like that it’s easy to read and I won’t feel bad flipping the page to the next month because I like the picture on the previous month.

Gem push pins which will give sparkle to any boring document you post on your cork board. Found at this Etsy store.






1 comment:

  1. Just visited your site...love your style and your pictures are great! I added you to the list of blogs I follow! Feel free to do the same, if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete