Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stuffed Peppers

Before going in the oven.

One of my favorite quotes is from Virginia Woolf, "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." I thoroughly enjoy dining, which is different than eating. To me, dining includes the company, conversation, and the experience of either going to a restaurant or preparing a meal at home. One of my favorite meals to make is stuffed peppers and it just so happens to be my boyfriend's favorite meal to eat!

I loosely follow this recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen. My tweaks are:
  1. Instead of brown rice, I use Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice.
  2. I add a can of finely diced tomatoes that includes oregano and basil (drain can before adding to mixture).
  3. I don't add any additional spices (outside of salt and pepper) because between the rice seasoning packet and canned tomatoes, there is already enough flavor for all of the stuffing.
  4. Because I don't have a baking dish big enough, I use two smaller dishes and pack the excess stuffing around the peppers.
Typically, we use green peppers, but we have been switching it up lately to add some variety. Here are pictures of our dinner last night:


Red is my favorite so far.

Sautéing turkey sausage and veggies.

Stuffing all mixed together.

Finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment